Your typical solid or liquid waste operation has multiple routes and moving parts to manage on any given workday – with plenty of variables that can throw off the day’s work, cause delays, missed pickups, customer complaints, etc. Technologies such as location-based waste management tracking, mobile communications, route automation and optimization and other mapping tools have become essential to operations that want to stay competitive.
What are the most essential waste fleet management technologies?
Savvy waste operations know that in order to survive competitively, they need to embrace these waste management solutions rather than resist them. The tools will make the most impact on waste companies, in terms of efficiencies gained but also improvements in service (and customer satisfaction), are as follows:
- Route management and automation – create and plan your daily routes with automated, familiar mapping tools such as Google Maps
- Dynamic dispatch capability – provide routes and important job information to drivers in the field via mobile device, and record critical events with custom statuses
- Real-time route progress validation – display the actual progress of all routes in real-time, viewable via desktop or mobile
- Video capture (live streaming and archived clips) – capture automatically generated video clips of safety or operational events as they occur, and retrieve video of any activity as needed
- Route performance reporting and analytics – dashboards and reporting tools that can display KPI’s and historical information to help manage continuous improvement
StreetEagle LiveRoute is a great example of a single, easy to use waste management solution that brings all of these most critical technologies together, designed specifically for busy hauling operations.
Schedule your demo of LiveRoute today!