The problem with not monitoring your drivers’ behavior is that you truly don’t know what is happening behind the wheel. This is an especially pointed concern for EMS crews, since ambulances are 13 times more likely to be involved in accidents than regular commercial vehicles on the road.
Albeit there are a lot of driving behaviors that are predictable and expected – like speeding, especially when responding to an emergency – there are many behaviors that are continually putting your drivers at risk.
Adding a fleet management system to your vehicles gives your business valuable insight into harmful driver behaviors that risk your driver’s safety. These tools allow your business to first identify each driver’s habits and then provides driver safety reports so fleet managers can correct them.
The improvement to safety practices will not only be felt by drivers and managers, but also throughout the entire organization. StreetEagle has been working with EMS customers for more than 20 years and has helped many organizations like yours build a culture of safety.
Between drivers, managers and the organization, here are a few reasons your business will find EMS fleet management valuable.
Fleet management for EMS driver benefits
- Receive audible, in vehicle buzzers for real-time awareness of violations
- Precise data captured on speeding, hard braking, and cornering
- Configurable Data parameters to monitor exact behaviors
Fleet managment for EMS fleet managers
- Detailed reports, driver scorecards and dashboards
- Real-time alerts of driver violations
- Accurate historical data to identify and coach under-performers
Fleet management improves the organization
- “Gamification” to reward your top drivers for great safety practices
- Score and rank drivers to encourage competition and improve safety
- Create a culture of safety consciousness so it becomes second-nature for drivers
Using myScore to improve driver safety
Developed by StreetEagle, myScore is a set of interactive tools that deliver precise driving data directly to employees and their supervisors.
An online, mobile-optimized portal for drivers and managers to login and view scores across a variety of critical performance categories including driver behavior, speeding, and idling.
This software allows organizations to compare individual performance to other team members, or the entire group. Your company will be able to identify drivers that need work, and recognize those that are meeting or exceeding set standards.
myScore allows your organization to really emphasize safety practices while having real data to back it up. With additional benefits to drivers and managers, using myScore data will help your business become an industry-leader in safety.
Learn more about myScore benefits here.
Dedicated EMS support
- Dedicated EMS specialist in our Customer Success department
- Unlimited training for life of contract
- State-of-the art service platform includes 360˚ customer view, case management tracking, detailed records of every transaction, and a full telco integration